I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Conversations with a boy

Me: Are you going to go get ready for the birthday party?

Wm: Get ready?

Me: It's a swim party.  You should probably go get prepared.

Wm: oh.  ok.

Me: It is in 20 minutes.  Go get ready.

Wm: oh.  ok.

pause

Wm: should I take dry clothes?

Me: Only if you want to change out of your swim stuff.  It is kind of cold outside.

Wm: oh.  ok.

pause

Wm: What should I put them in?

Me: The clothes?  I'd put them in a bag.

Wm: oh. ok.

Me: Do you want the princess towel or the one with the baby dinosaurs? (I hold out both as options...)

Wm: mom.  Neither.

Me: Huh.  Too cool for our towels?

Wm: mom.  I know we have other towels.

Me: Fine.


We are on the verge people....

No comments:

Post a Comment