I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Things I Love pt. I

It seemed appropriate, it being February and all to discuss love.  While I could go on about all the ways I dislike Valentines Day and how love throughout my life has manifested itself in some pretty awful ways, I will leave off on that (I'm not really in the mood...I need to have better hair to go into that kind of depth, and I'm just not prepared...) the truth is, there are LOTS of things (and people) I do love, and for better or for worse, seem to love me back.

My favorite boy doing his favorite thing
(NOT practicing piano)
Of course, #1 love in my life begins with my citizens.  They are the entire reason I am still able to love in this god forsaken world.  And despite having a crazy mama, they are all open hearts and clear eyes.

I love William for his ability to go with the flow (a trait I am constantly reaching for and which is always just out of reach), his quirky sense of humor and his bouncy, skinny frame.  He has soulful eyes and a big big heart.  All his little toddler cousins know exactly where to go to get what they want and he always obliges.  He will be quite the catch some day.







A future designer?


I love Anna for her firm resolve and her love of rules and structure and get-er-done attitude (hmmm....wonder where she could have got that?).  This is a girl who loves to learn, and she wears me out trying to keep up with an appetite that devours just about anything you put in front of her.  Her face literally lights up from the inside when she learns something new or sees something that catches her fancy and her deep gravelly laugh and freckled nose are hard to resist.  If we are all not careful she will rule the world one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment