I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Things I love Part 7: Hair Did

You know what perks a girl up?  Gettin' her hair did.  I was lucky that my regularly scheduled appt. came right during my pity party (which you will be glad to know is over).

I have been through a couple of stylists in the last few years, but I'm pretty happy with the one I have right now.  The bad thing is that she is a bit on the pricey side (for me...I think what she charges is pretty standard for SLC).  But she helped me over come a bit of over processedness that happened last year w/ a different stylist and still keep those locks agrowin.  I wasn't really trying to grow out my hair, but since I couldn't come up with a style that is what happens, your hair just grows.  I had short hair just three years ago (and by short, I mean I totally could have snuck into the MTC if I had been wearing a suit short) and as you can see...not so short.



 I can't decide if this is a good thing or not.  I do not want to be one of those moms who do not realized that they have entered a different age category and still continue to dress (and do their hair) like their teenage daughter...

Anyway, hair did.  It always feels good.  You go in looking like you just rolled out of bed and you come out feeling fabulous.

I wish I could have someone style my hair for me everyday.  Well, maybe not everyday, because that would be tiresome to look so great all the time, but maybe once a week?  I could totally cope w/ my own hair for the rest of the week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your hair is long... and GORGEOUS! Mine's about the same length but nowhere near as chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy, but it is only chic as long as I can make that salon blow out after the cut & color last...which, if I do it right is at least 3 days...

      Delete