I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Things I Love: Part 6: Ski Utah

I've waited for today for 3 months.  We've had so little snow, I wondered if we would get to ski at all.
I had a Christmas ski pass waiting and William had the 5th grade passport (if you are going to have a 5th or 6th grader in the next few years, check this out...FREE passes!) so we were able to ski without too much of the usual expense.
We had a great day.  It was clear bright blue skies for as far as the eye could see all morning, and for a holiday it wasn't as crowded as I expected.
The Citizens and I love to get out and ski, and someday, when I find that rich Surgeon, we're going to do it a lot.  All over the world.

But I'm pretty sure we'll still think Utah has the greatest snow on earth.




There are a lot of ways to ski on the cheap if you know where to look.

At Alta, you can ski for just $5 after 3:00 everyday.  That gives you 1 1/2 hours to hit the slopes, which is more than enough time if you or a small one is just learning.

Brighton Ski Resort offers free skiing to kids 7 and under, and has some great deals on night skiing too.

Snowbird and Powder Basin also offer free skiing to kids 6 and under.


No comments:

Post a Comment