I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pity Party parts 3 & 4, Respectively

Have I mentioned I can be a bit self-indulgent when appropriate?

To at least allow me some respect on this note, it was Anna who suggested that we hit the Sweet Tooth Fairy (What?? You haven't been here.  Don't do it.  This is NOT a paid ad for them, although I think I could bring them a fair amount business...) while waiting for William's Basketball practice to finish up last night (damn them putting one in right in the intersection of our lives!) so it is really HER fault.  As we pulled in she squealed "I love this place!  This is where they keep the most precious things in the UNIVERSE!" and then added as an afterthought "Except what you make mama, cause you are the bestest cook ever."
Thank you Anna.


Today I was able to splurge on a lunch with a friend who also felt rejected this week and we were able to enjoy a child-free lunch where we ate every last bit of our ginormous Cafe Rio salads and didn't even feel guilty about it.  We discussed how we felt too old to be making huge life decisions.  I am not too old for a lot of things, but on this account I feel through.  I've been making life decisions of a rather important magnitude since I was three (according to one uncle I was never really a child so much as a small unpleasant adult, so it seems appropriate that I would also have the cares of an adult even then.)

The lunch today did my soul (if not my waistline) good, and I think I am almost done with this.  I will probably have to bake something decadent while I am skipping Sunday School tomorrow, but then I think I can return to my regular surly self and not this hyper-surl that I have been of late.

I'm thinking homemade Samoas...I've seen some really tasting looking pins on pinterest lately....

If you're looking for other sorts of decadence, you can follow me on this board.  If you are in any way trying not to be 300 lbs. though...don't go there.  Consider this fair warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment