I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Friday, February 10, 2012

My Sorry Valentine

Anna's final results.  Hers turned out better than mine.
I had this moment last week when I said "To HELL with commercialized valentines!  We will MAKE our own!"  I think I've been spending too much time on Pinterest and have seen so many cute things that people make and do.  Crazy People.  It makes one delusional.

So last Sunday Anna & I got out the stuff.  She was unbelievable excited about this whole adventure.


But here's the thing: it took HOURS and lots of paper and glue and patience and in the end, ours weren't all that cute.  Cute enough, but geez, the cost of what little cuteness we were able to produce...

Anna gettin' all creative
So now, hopefully, I am getting to you before you think these thoughts brought on by the misadventures of people with no lives and I plead with you-DON'T DO IT.  Buy them.  Spend that $1.29 at Target and give yourself peace.  They all get thrown away anyway.

I had also intended for this to a family project, but William was not interested.  You would have thought I had suggested he stop and play with Anna's My Little Ponies by the disgusted look on his face.  He would have none of it.

This one is, by far, my favorite.  She told me she was going to put a different message on each card...and I guess she ran out of ideas.  I don't know what is going on with poor little Elora, but i'll bet she's going to be just fine...especially after she gets this valentine.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll learn from your lesson. As much as I wanted my girls to make them... I think a trip to the store for the box of cards is in order this weekend.
    I am very glad to hear that Elora is going to be just fine, lol.

    ReplyDelete