I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Laziness, A Holiday, and a New Tradtion?

The Citizens seemed to think that yesterday was special.  I'm usually pretty dead-on honest with my kids, but they were happy and I was tired.  BUT they seemed to think I owed them a valentine.  Helping them make theirs and copious sugar cookies did not seem to be enough.



But again, I was tired.  There was no way I was going to take them out last night....and somehow the soup I was going to make didn't seem "special" enough for V-day.  I didn't have much in the way of "special" ingredients in the fridge, but I had bought some strawberries (out of season!!) that I was going to let them dip in chocolate.  I fell back on an old trick of my dad's (and probably yours)...breakfast for dinner.


The Fresh Strawberries were nice, but this one has
blackberry jam & whip cream.



Then, my poor brain (which had taught all day and had to go to 2 different Joann's) actually worked for a minute.  CREPES.  They are really just fancy pancakes.  We had strawberries, jam, whipped cream and some chocolate.....












Guess what is Anna's favorite topping?  Yes, that's right,
Whip Cream...




Yes, that is what I fed my kids for dinner.  I was very popular.  It was "special".  I did not end up more tired than I started.  It was not complicated or messy.  And I felt better because there were fresh strawberries...they got something healthy in there.
Wm was all about the chocolate...cause he hadn't
had enough today


The Citizens were pleased and announced we should do this EVERY VALENTINES DAY!!!  and quite possibly, we will.

1 comment:

  1. Crepes are AWESOME for dressing up dinner. I've tucked all sorts of stuff in those and voila! instant party!

    ReplyDelete