I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Deeper Questions of the Universe: Skinny Jeans

So Here is a deeper-question-of-the-universe I am struggling with:
Can a not-so-skinny gal wear skinny jeans?  Because I think they can be cute.  But mostly when I see them being cute, they are on an 18 year old who might be a size 6.  I don't like to think in terms smaller than that.  Smaller than that is children's sizing.

Because you know I don't want to look all twinsies with my 7 year old (although she doesn't mind...yet.)













Can I get away with it?  I mostly like it because it hides my ankles, which have never been small, even when the rest of me was in need of serious nourishment, and I also happen to like my feet, because in relative terms to the rest of me, they are still pretty small.  I like how they look in these cute little numbers from Target.  I like the ballet flat look.  I like it for me.  But looking silly above the ankle is not worth wearing jeans too small and too young for you.



So what do you think?  Yay or nay?

9 comments:

  1. In my opinion skinny jeans in the proper size are fine for most people of any age. I'd personally wear skinny jeans (if I had any) tucked into some fabulous boots, though those look dandy on you. I have always had solid calf muscles (even when my legs were nothing but muscle) and considering that all my muscles have a candy coating these days they're not my finest point. I also have clown feet, that are triangle shaped (narrow at the heel and wide at the ball)so the skinny jeans with that sort of ballet flat would look AWFUL on me. Cute on you though!
    The biggest problem I see with skinny jeans is when larger individuals figure "skinny" means "buy at least 2 sizes too small" which isn't lovely in any syle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, few things are less attractive than clothes that are too small...

      Delete
  2. If you can fit your thighs into those skinny jeans, go ahead and wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay. You look pretty darn skinny in those skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. Remind me never to take you swim suit shopping with me. Some things require complete honesty.

      Delete
  4. There is a difference between skinny jeans and spray-on jeans. These are good. Spray-on not so good on any body type. I just want to find ANY jeans that can look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are not too tight....I picked them up off a clearance rack at Target (my go-to fashion source) and I've spent about 4 days in them trying to decide, so I guess...really...they are now mine.

      Delete