I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Why My Job is Better than Yours





Once a year I get to teach an advanced makeup class.    This semester I am teaching it at UVU and it is an awesome class.  If you lived here and you could, you would want to take this class because it is awesome.  We do all kinds of crazy makeup shenanigans in this class, but we start out making life casts of everyone in the class.  I spend one class demonstrating and teaching them how to do it without killing someone and then I turn them loose on each other.  It is awesome.  Here they are doing their thing, and we didn't lose one.

I get to dump ice cold mint flavored alginate (think dental impressions) on students' faces and then plaster cast it...they can't talk or really express much of anything at all for about 30 minutes.  I'm like a well-dressed mad scientist and they are my creations....























































No comments:

Post a Comment