I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Knit Baby Knit

So....If you read any of my posts in December you will remember that I decided to learn to knit.  And knitting I have continued to do.
I've been a bit obsessed...but I think this is at least among my healthier obsessions.



So here is a pair of leg warmers I did for my little darling's ballet legs.
Ack!! I must have somehow erased this pic...and now I can't figure out how to get it off all the different places it is...so here is the link on Pinterest or Instagram. (But maybe I should knit leg warmers for Huck...and then I'll write a book titled "101 ways to piss off your beagle...)

And here is my most recent scarf.  My other scarves were pretty solid and were really more of a warmth thing, but for this one I learned to do a "hole" in the knitting to make it look all lacy and fancy.  I tried to get Huck to model it for me, but I guess I disrupted his 9 hour day time nap, so he just glared at me like I was crazy and then flopped down on the floor.  No amount of coaxing could get him to sit up....oh, well.




And then lastly: socks!  Socks require a bit more...skill, for lack of a better expression.  I felt very skilled when I had four different double pointed needles sticking every which way out this little creation.
I'm trying my hand at some cabling right now...decorative pillows.  We'll see how that goes.

There is something about knitting that feels very craftsy-but in a skilled way.  In a "I could totally outfit my family in warm things even if there were no warm things to be bought anywhere on earth" kind of way.  Because, you know, I like to be prepared.  And now my family can wear socks and scarves.  We are set...except for all the area of body in between necks and feet...maybe afgans!

2 comments:

  1. The socks turned out GREAT. (And your ankles are sexy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean my CANKLES are sexy...and yes, they are. Thank you.

      Delete